The University of Geneva is inviting applications for a Senior Researcher (“Maître-Assistant-e”) position in the interdisciplinary field of Neurofinance. The successful candidate will become part of the Neurofinance group directed by Kerstin Preuschoff, which conducts research at the intersection of neuroscience, finance, and affective sciences. Our group focuses on decision making under uncertainty and is increasingly interested in the interplay between emotions and decision-making. Research that bridges these areas, especially those centered on collective decision-making in finance, is particularly encouraged.
Duration: 3 years, with the possibility of extension of another 3-year period with funds from the Department of Public Instruction (DIP).
- Conduct independent research in decision making under uncertainty. The lab has particular interest in developing research on the interplay between emotion and collective decision-making processes.
- Assist in teaching and in the supervision of Master and Ph.D. students.
- Engage in interdisciplinary research bridging the Geneva Finance Research Institute and the Swiss Center for Affective Science.
- Contribute to lab management and acquiring research funding.
What we offer:
- A vibrant research environment at the intersection of finance, affective sciences, and
- Access to state-of-the-art facilities at Campus Biotech, a dynamic community with close ties to
the innovative start-up ecosystem in Geneva.
- Facilities include:
- Behavioral labs
- And more
- Opportunities for interdisciplinary collaboration.
- A Ph.D. in a relevant field, e.g. Neuroscience, Psychology, Experimental Finance
- At least 1 year of postdoctoral experience.
- Experience in programming and data analysis is required.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research.
- Proficiency in English (both spoken and written). French is a plus.
Interested candidates are invited to submit:
- A cover letter detailing their research interests and experience.
- A comprehensive CV.
- Names and contact details of three references.
Applications will be evaluated starting November 15, 2023 until the position is filled.
The application must be submitted exclusively online by clicking on the link “Apply/Apply now”: https://jobs.unige.ch/www/wd_portal.show_job?p_web_site_id=1&p_web_page_id=63009
The University of Geneva is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences.
For further inquiries about the position, please contact Kerstin Preuschoff at .
Join us in exploring the intricacies of Neurofinance and Neuroeconomics in the heart of Geneva!
APPLICATIONS SENT BY E-MAIL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED