Virtual Presenter Guidelines
Oral presentation requirements:
All speaker presentations will be scheduled into the program as fully live talks using Zoom and embedded within our virtual platform, Whova.
Symposia Presentations and Selected Talks will have 15mn for presentations followed by Q&A. The moderator for your session will work with your panel to provide introductions and help moderate questions. Your Zoom meeting links will be supplied to you directly by email about a week before the conference.
Live Chat and Q&A Sessions
Live Zoom webinar Q&A Session following the presentation
During your presentation in the Whova platform, there is a text chat box and Q&A box to the right of your presentation screen for attendees to interact. The Q&A period will be moderated by a chair.
Poster presentation requirements:
As a poster presenter, you will be required to upload the following information to your unique poster link by September 22, 2021:
- PDF version of your poster (landscape format). This PDF will be uploaded into gather.town for your use during your assigned live poster session.
- A short (max 3-5 minute) pre-recorded video presentation which will be used on-demand in Whova. You will upload your video via YouTube (unlisted video) and have the option to add captions, if you wish.
We suggest in the video that you summarize the following:
- study’s objective and significance
- methods used
- results obtained
- conclusions and implications
You may also upload (Optional):
- Handouts/supplementary documents and any links to videos, or other web-based information in support of your poster
The unique link to your virtual poster booth will be emailed to you directly with detailed instructions. This link is active up to and during the conference for any changes you need to make.
Live Chat & QA Sessions
Poster presenters will be asked to be available to ‘stand’ at their posters at one of the three live poster sessions to take part in interactive Q&A sessions, in much the same way an onsite poster hall operates. This virtual poster hall will take place in gather.town.
Outside of the live poster sessions, all posters will be available for virtual attendees to browse and review in Whova. There will also be a ‘contact’ button, allowing individuals to connect directly with poster presenters at any time to ask questions and start follow-up discussions. Poster presenters may indicate their preferred contact method (email, twitter, etc.) directly in their poster booth.