The Radboud Center for Decision Science, an interdisciplinary research center at Radboud University Nijmegen, The Netherlands, seeks an outstanding postdoctoral researcher to conduct innovative multidisciplinary research on decision-making.
The position is particularly well-suited to a candidate who wishes to conduct experimental research on fundamental decision behaviour which has societal relevance. The research position will be based within the Decision Neuroscience PI group led by Prof. Alan Sanfey at the Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour (https://www.ru.nl/donders/) and the Behavioural Science Institute (https://www.ru.nl/bsi/).
The successful applicant will have full access to research facilities at both Institutes. The position is initially for one and a half years, with a possibility to extend for a further six months, preferably beginning on 1 January 2022.
The role will include collaborating with researchers across various disciplines on projects related to one (or more) of the following topics: social equality, environmental sustainability, good health and well-being, quality education, democracy and conflict resolution, and digitalisation and society.
Further information about the Radboud Center for Decision Science can be found at www.centerfordecisionscience.nl. The ideal candidate would have:
• a PhD in psychology, cognitive neuroscience, decision science, or a closely related field, and have an interest in applying their knowledge to study human behaviour and decision-making.
• excellent research and analytical skills, including experience conducting quantitative or qualitative research.
• enthusiasm and interest in conducting multidisciplinary research in one or more of the following topics: social equality, environmental sustainability, good health and well-being, quality education, democracy and conflict resolution, and/or digitalisation and society.
• ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
• excellent communication and organisational skills.
Interested applicants can apply by submitting their CV, a research statement, and letter of motivation at the following link: https://www.ru.nl/werken-bij/vacature/details-vacature/?recid=1171486&doel=embed&taal=nl. Applications must be received by 14 November 2021. For questions about the position, please contact Alan Sanfey, .